Skip to main content

A Woman Helps Husband To R a’pe House Help


A housewife, Uzoima Patrick, and her husband, Ezechima, were on Wednesday, September 17, arraigned before the Yaba Chief Magistrates' Court in Lagos over r a'pe of their house help.

PM News reports that the housewife, Uzioma, was charged along with her husband, Ezechima for conspiring with him to r a'pe their16-year-old house keeper.

42-year-old Ezechima and 37-year-old Uzoima, who reside at 14 Iyajesha Street, Amikonle in Alagbado, a Lagos suburb, are facing a three-count charge of conspiracy, child defilement and r a'pe.

The prosecutor, ASP Godwin Anyanwu, told the court that the accused committed the offences between June 1 and June 4 at their residence.

He alleged that the husband conspired with his wife to r a'pe the teenage housekeeper.

"Patrick conspired with his wife to defile the 16-year-old girl. Uzoima had overpowered the girl for the husband to r a'pe her."

The prosecutor also said Uzoima threatened to stab the girl with a knife to force her to cooperate with her husband.

He said the offences contravened Sections 137, 258 and 409 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2011. Section 258 stipulates life imprisonment for r a'pe. The couple has denied the charge.

In her ruling, the Magistrate, Mrs Yewande Aje-Afunwa, granted the accused bail in the sum of N100,000 each with two sureties each in like sum.

Further hearing in the case was fixed for 22 September.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian hostage taker named as Iranian refugee with criminal past

SYDNEY (Reuters) - An Iranian refugee known for sending hate mail to the families of Australian soldiers killed overseas and facing several charges of sexual assault is the armed man holding an unknown number of hostages in a Sydney cafe, a police source said on Tuesday. Man Haron Monis, a self-styled sheikh, remained holed up in the cafe some 15 hours after the siege began. "There's no operational reason for that name to be held back by us now," said the police source, who declined to be identified. Monis, also known as Sheikh Haron, was charged last year with being an accessory to the murder of his ex-wife who was stabbed and set alight in a Sydney apartment block. He was found guilty in 2012 of sending offensive and threatening letters to families of eight Australian soldiers killed in Afghanistan, as a protest against Australia's involvement in the conflict, according to local media reports. Earlier this year, Monis, who describes himself ...

I'd like to add you to my professional network on LinkedIn

        ...