Skip to main content

A Retired Assistant Commissioner of Police kills self, wife and son in Ogun state

A retired Assistant Commissioner of Police, Sunday Isokpehi, who at one time served at the Lagos state police command anti-robbery squad, on Saturday September 20th, killed himself, his wife Gladys and their son at their Sango Ota, Ogun state residence after a heated argument with his wife.

According to reports, the former police boss and his wife began fighting when they returned home from a wedding on Saturday after he accused her of disgracing him at the wedding by getting drunk.
 
The woman reportedly denied being drunk and before anyone could stop the couple, they started fighting. Seeing that his wife was overpowering him, the retired police boss went for his pump action riffle and shot his wife and then shot their son who had been trying to separate them. Seeing the gravity of the crime he'd committed, Isokpehi reportedly turned the gun on himself.


After the unfortunate incident, neighbours told police that the couple fought regularly.
Confirming the sad incident, the Ogun state Police spokesman, Olumuyiwa Adejobi, said the bodies of the all three have been deposited at the hospital for autopsy. He said the police will carry out a detailed investigation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian hostage taker named as Iranian refugee with criminal past

SYDNEY (Reuters) - An Iranian refugee known for sending hate mail to the families of Australian soldiers killed overseas and facing several charges of sexual assault is the armed man holding an unknown number of hostages in a Sydney cafe, a police source said on Tuesday. Man Haron Monis, a self-styled sheikh, remained holed up in the cafe some 15 hours after the siege began. "There's no operational reason for that name to be held back by us now," said the police source, who declined to be identified. Monis, also known as Sheikh Haron, was charged last year with being an accessory to the murder of his ex-wife who was stabbed and set alight in a Sydney apartment block. He was found guilty in 2012 of sending offensive and threatening letters to families of eight Australian soldiers killed in Afghanistan, as a protest against Australia's involvement in the conflict, according to local media reports. Earlier this year, Monis, who describes himself ...

I'd like to add you to my professional network on LinkedIn

        ...